List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] konstruct vs java
From:       Gene Heskett <gene_heskett () iolinc ! net>
Date:       2003-01-31 0:55:10

Hi folks;

First I had konstruct get and install the libraries, which it did in
decent time, aparently without errors.

So I cd back out & to the kde dir, and type make install.

It goes back out after a couple of files, then starts configure,
which runs thru quite an extensive list of things until it gets to
the "checking for java" line, at which point it hung, and is
hogging the machine some although kpm cannot see it as anything but
0 cpu.  2 copies of configure are in fact running at this point.

So when that took place the first time, I ctrl-c's it and went after
the j2sdk in 1.4.1 version to match the j2re I already had
installed.  So thats now installed, and the make install restarted.

It gets down to the 'checking for java' line and has now been stuck
there for 17 minutes with the hard drive access leds locked on.

Whats next?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M