List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: Another [kde-linux] konstruct question ?
From:       Gene Heskett <gene_heskett () iolinc ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 1:51:04

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 17:57, mobtek mobtekl wrote:
>On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:08, Gene Heskett banged a keyboard:
>
>Gene, all I did was CTRL-C and type make install again and usually
> it would choose another mirror to download the source from [:)
>
>cheers Peter van der Male

Oh I did, Peter, several dozen times. then I started a "make
configure" which apparently brings in a whole new set of
dependencies that a make fetch didn't satisfy, and its now gone
after koffice, and hung,  for the 6th or 7th time (I went after it
with gftp and its actually sitting there right now but the script
doesn't see it), and the last time thru the loop it died
complaining I didn't have jdk-1.2 installed.  Maybe not, but the
whole of j2re1.4 sure is.  But the final line was an error 2
because it couldn't find the koffice thats sitting in the koffice
downloads dir as we speak.  To me thats something broken when it
repeatedly bangs on ibiblio but cannot suck the file from there.

It doesn't timeout, die and try another mirror, it simply hangs.

Forever.

And I don't now enough about "garballs" to fix it I'm afraid.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M