List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE 3.1 is out
From:       Gene Heskett <gene_heskett () iolinc ! net>
Date:       2003-01-29 0:51:37

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 11:23, lists wrote:
>My QTDIR is set correctly and /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for
> /usr/lib/qt and /usr/lib/qt/lib (/usr/lib/qt is a pointer
> pointing to /usr/lib/qt-3.1.1 which is the path to my current qt
> installation).

Humm, am I imagining things, or did I once read something about
links not working right for that?  But I have to admit its a dim
memory and I'd be glad to have someone confirm that its ok.

>It looks to me like qt 3.0 apps do not worth with qt 3.1.1 apps.
> Can anyone confirm this, or prove me wrong?

I'm also interested in the responses to this.  It does seem to be a
shame if there is not backward compatibility between minor
versions.

[...]
--
Cheers, Gene