List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Kmail from KDE 3.1rc6 and GPG
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-23 17:30:44

Christian Herzyk wrote:
> I've got KDE 3.1rc6 installed on my Gentoo box. It works quite well so
> far. The only prob I have is encrypting mails (just for the record: it
> worked fine in Kde 3.0.x).
> The status so far is that I followed the hints from the kmail.kde.org
> Website and from the Gentoo newsletter.
> That is I got all the aegypten packages installed and kmail is setup
> correctly as fas as I know.
> After some messing around I can encrypt and decrypt with kgpg or gpg
> directly, that is my keys are correct.
>
> The problem is that it doesn't work with kmail. When I try to encrypt
> a mail my passphrase is rejected.

Which passphrase dialog comes up? The one from KMail? Or one of the
pinentry-* programs?

Did you start gpg-agent before KMail? Have you made sure that KMail sees
the environment variable that is created by running
  eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)" ?

The symptoms you describe indicate that KMail doesn't see this
environment variable.

BTW, please note that only the latest cvs version of pinentry-qt works.
If you don't want to get the cvs version then you have to use
pinentry-gtk for now.

Regards,
Ingo