List:       kde-linux
Subject:    [kde-linux] mandrake 9.0/ internetprobs
From:       vennligst () gmx ! de
Date:       2002-12-23 22:58:40

Hi there

I did the setup many times - changing the configurations maybe the
Mandrake install cd is not ok, I really don't know. I can't find
something like kppp to configure my internet manual, the Mandrake
control centre does not work ok to configure my internet, also - it's
really nerving... some times ago I was able to connect to internet, but
no datas where sending. The dns settings are ok, I was checking this,
the logfile shows me, that the firewall tries to contact on port 53, but
nothing works - unknown hosts, the same with ping. I thought it was the
firewall, but disabeling makes no sense and it does't solve my problem
with no dataquerry at all - any idea? What is the name for the ppp
daemon in md and where can I configure it? The dns ip's in resolve.conf
are ok.

Ok - some clearing ;-)

1.) why isn't it possible to configure the internet by Mandrake control
centre
2.) which "ppp" prog is manual to configure in mandrake? And where is it
hidden?...

Thx for help