List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] RE: kde-linux double shutdown
From:       David Blomberg <dblomber () libertec ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 8:24:30

/etc/inittab

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 15:46, Bill J wrote:

I'm running Mandrake 9.0 and noticed the same thing.

Where is inittab located?

I ran a "find in*" from / and only found initrd. Even ran it as su.

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:08:03 -0700
From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org>
To: kde-linux@mail.kde.org
Subject: Re: [kde-linux] double shutdown

Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the same "problem" with KDE 3 with both Mandrake 8.2 (kde 3
upgrade)
> and Mandrake 9.0: when I want to shut down, I get only a box with "End
> session for <user>" and a choice of "logout" or "Cancel". If I choose
> "Logout", KDE logs out, then automaticaly logs in again (I have this
feature
> enabled). This time, if I shut down, I get a box with the triple
choice of
> logging out, shutting down or rebooting.
>
> This means that I either have to shutdown at the command line, or I
have to
> shut down twice.
>
> Does anyone have an explanation? I first thought I had made an error
when
> installing KDE 3.0; But as the same problem occurs with Mandrake 9.0,
it has
> to do either with Mandrake or with some settings.

In the last line of: "inittab" do you have: "respawn" or "once".

You probably have: "respawn" and I suggest that you try changing it to
"once" and see it that fixes it.

Otherwise, you probably have a problem in your startup scripts.

What does the last line in: "inittab" call? -- a script??