List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] 'startx' opens Gnome not KDE..
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-02-28 12:29:44

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:52, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I think that

Now I know why I need another holiday.  The control-centre that Lionel is
talking about is the RedHat Control Centre/Panel which is not to be confused
with the KDE control-centre nor the Gnome control-centre (nor the sawtooth
one for that matter).

To make matters more confusing; although it is on the kde desktop it is
actually a Gnome or GTK application (Its got a little Daisy in the corner?
Lionel?) And it contains RedHat setup tools written in gtk as well as an icon
for the KDE control-centre.

It also should not be confused with the older RedHat TK? Control Panel or the
Linuxconf GUI Control centre. All these are on your average RH system so
thank God that you haven actually found them. (and dont type setup in a
console if you know whats good for you either :-)  )

Sheesh!! If one distro can do this then you know why Linux is turning into a
nightmare.

andrew