List:       kde-linux
Subject:    RE: [kde-linux] Konqueror and NS Flash Plugin
From:       "Jeevan" <jeevan () nodeinfotech ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 9:26:22

thanks a lot,
but still the problem persists...

-----Original Message-----
From: kde-linux-admin@mail.kde.org
[mailto:kde-linux-admin@mail.kde.org]On Behalf Of James Richard Tyrer
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2002 11:14 PM
To: kde-linux@mail.kde.org

Jeevan wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have the NSPlugin. Konqueror has scans for the plugin in the path I
> provide it.But when I visit a site with FLash, it takes me macromedia
> site asking to download the plugin. In fact I have the plugin and I had
> given the proper path. I am giving the part of log konqueror shows. Can
> anybody point out whats wrong?

Does list in the "Plugins" tab show that it found the plugin: "Shockwave
Flash"?
> Yes it do show that it found the plugin:"Shockwave Flash"

Under file associations (in Control Center) what do you have for:
"application/x-shockwave-flash"?

Under the: "Embedding" tab you need to have selected: "Show file in
embedded viewer" and the first item in the: "Services Preference Order"
window needs to be: "Netscape plugin viewer".

>>Ya i did it too

Even if properly configured, this is a know issue.  Sometimes these
extra Konqueror windows pop up.  But, after closing them, does the
plugin work in the original window?

JRT

But the things are not working . it says running the "nspluginviewer" and
"sleeping".
It then timeouts and takes me to the macromedia flash site.