List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Changing DM in Redhat 7.2 - aaargh!!
From:       Werner Joss <werner () hoernerfranzracing ! de>
Date:       2002-02-01 16:01:23

On Friday 01 February 2002 00:02, Charles Marcus wrote:
> I give up.
>
> I can't believe this is made to be so difficult - or, at least, so
> difficult to *find*...
>
> How the heck do I set which display manager I want?

under rh, DM ist selected by /etc/X11/prefdm, based upon the setting in
/etc/sysconfig/desktop - if you put in "KDE" there, prefdm (which is called
by /etc/inittab itself) should use kdm instead of gdm or something else, the
implication is of course that the path to kdm is correct in prefdm.
HTH
werner