List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] KDE FTP
From:       John Andersen <jsa () pen ! homeip ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 7:47:22

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 10:10 pm, shane wrote:
> > I'd accept passive, if it were just a bit more obvious how you add your
> > own ftp sites to the Network tree.  Its not in help.  If you fiddle
> > around with drag and drop it sometimes works.  Any clues?

> right click the ftp section under network in the far left bar, select new
> window, create a new url from there.  hope that is understandable

New window from the left side, then create new url in the RIGHT
side of the resultant new window.  Yeah, it works, sort of...

I still maintain its broken.

When you click the the Ftp link under Network in left window
(classic sidebar ) is should open the list of ftp sites in the
right window, without the need to go to a new window.

IOW it should behave just like clicking your home directory
in the left window  - yielding a dir in the right window.

There must be something we're missing, the rest of Kong is
so slick and this ftp part is so lame...