List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail and Rogers network
From:       John Batistic <johnbat () win ! co ! nz>
Date:       2002-01-27 19:54:47

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 05:33, Joe Simon wrote:
> Exactly!
>
> I am now using Evolution. It allows you to provide a password with SMTP.
>
> The only thing I find is that each time I close Evolution and go back in
> it will prompt me for my password for outgoing mail, even with "remember
> Password" checked.
>
> But I will take that to another mailing list in gnome.

To save you a little time, what you do to make Evolution remember your passwords is:

In your home directory,

mkdir evolution/private; chmod 600 evolution/private

Enjoy

John Batistic
--
--- from NEW ZEALAND - a natural habitat for the PENGUIN ---
--- registered Linux user # 205322 - running 2.4.17 + Debian ---