List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail and Rogers network
From:       "Ralph F. De Witt" <ralphfdewitt () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2002-01-27 19:52:20

On Sunday 27 January 2002 08:33, Joe Simon wrote:
> Exactly!
>
> I am now using Evolution. It allows you to provide a password with SMTP.
>
> The only thing I find is that each time I close Evolution and go back in
> it will prompt me for my password for outgoing mail, even with "remember
> Password" checked.
>
> But I will take that to another mailing list in gnome.
>
> Thanks
>

> From: Mike Davison <davison@cs.utk.edu>

> >To: kde-linux@mail.kde.org
> >Subject: Re: [kde-linux] kmail and Rogers network
> >Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:11:19 -0800
> >

> >They probably switched to authenticated SMTP, which is not supported in
> >kmail
> >yet. The beta version of KDE3 does contain a version of kmail that
> > supports authenicated SMTP.
> >
> >Mike
> >
> >On Friday 25 January 2002 07:01 am, Joe Simon wrote:
> > > Here in Canada I am using Rogers High speed Internet and mail services.
> >
> >On
> >
> > > Jan 15, 2002 they made changes to their SMTP mail.  Now I am unable to
> >
> >send
> >
> > > mail through Kmail, but am able to receive mail.
> > >
> > > As an example, they say on their web page if you are using Netscape 4.x
> >
> >mail
> >
> > > client to send mail, change the "Outgoing mail user id" to just your
> >
> >user
> >
> > > name.  Before the change the user id had to be xxx@rogers.com. Now they
> >
> >say
> >
> > > to just use what is before the @ sign for the outgoing user id.
> > >
> > > The thing is that in Kmail I can't seem to see a place where I can
> >
> >specify
> >
> > > an outgoing mail user id. Under the icoming mail I have setup POP3
> > > with user id xxx@rogers.com and my password. (I can get my mail.)
> > >
> > > What can I do?  I got Netscape to work no problem under Linux.  BUT I
> >
> >really
> >
> > > want to use Kmail, like I always have with Rogers.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help.

Joe:
This is a known problem in Evolution that is corrected in the Latest version
1.0.1. Hope this helps
- --

Ralph
- --
It said uses Windows 98 or better so I installed SuSE 7.3
Proud user of SuSE 7.3 Professional
Register Linux User 168814 ICQ #49993234
GPG Public Key available at http://www.keyserver.net
Key fingerprint = 6426 1CFF 0987 9D51 76D6  06BC F22A CFF4 559A 03E7