List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] kmail and Rogers network
From:       "Joe Simon" <joesimon80 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-01-25 17:27:14

Sorry, let me clarify.

My setup in Kmail (Network) is this:
SMTP Server name: smtp    (this is what rogers named it)
SMTP Server port: 25
POP3 Server name: pop     (this is what rogers named it)
POP3 Server port: 110
POP3 User Id:     XXXX@rogers.com

With this I can only receivce mail, not send mail.

In Netscape my setup is this:
Outgoing mail(SMTP) server: smtp
Outgoing mail server user name: XXXX  (this is what I am saying is missing
in Kmail)
Incoming Mail Server Name: pop
Server Type: POP
User Name: XXXX@rogers.com

With this I can send and receivce mail, no problem.

The only difference I see is that the SMTP user id and the POP user id are
different. (That's the way Rogers has it set up.)  In netscape you can
specify user id's for both smtp and pop servers, but in Kmail it seems you
cannot do this.

Am I still confusing you, your am I still confused?

Thanks for help again.