List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Konqueror loading error
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-09-28 23:37:50

On Friday 28 September 2001 23:28, Jeevan wrote:
>  KDE.
> When I run konqueror web browser, it gives me error
> There was an error loading the module About-Page for Konqueror,
>
> The diagmostics is::
> /usr/lib/libkdeprint.so.0:undefined
> symbol:setPrinterName_8QPrinterRC7Qstring

You either have old kde/qt libs on your system or you compiled kde while you
had old libs and includes in your path.
You can not compile kde successfully into the same path where an old install
exists especially if the old install has the include files there as well.

You must compile kde into a new location from console (or gnome etc) and set
KDEDIR to point to that new location. Then make sure you set prefix to that
same location when compiling kdelibs, all other packages should automatically
take that prefix after you install kdelibs.

If you want to install to your old default location you must remove kde and
kde-devel rpms first.

--
regards,
andrew