List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] big problem with KDE 2.1.2 and KDE 2.2
From:       Jason Boxman <jasonb () edseek ! com>
Date:       2001-09-23 17:28:34

On Sunday 23 September 2001 10:03 am, Christian Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> picking up the tips from Jason Boxman - delete the kdeglobals - it works
> again with that screwed users.
> Then I started the "kpersonalizer" and changed some config issues and the
> problem occurred again. Deleting the kdeglobals helped again?
> Does someone have an idea what happens, what is wrong and what needs to be
> done. As I think that other people have the same problem, it looks I'm not
> allone in the dark...

You might have additional config files from 2.1 that aren't "compatible" or
something with 2.2.x.  You might start by completely moving .kde to .kde-bak
and then move stuff over a directory at a time from ~/.kde-bak and then when
you get nuked try moving a file at a time (ugh).  It worked for me, but
'kdeglobals' was the only one that was tripping my 2.2.0 up.

The error below mentions that /dev/dsp is busy.  Perhaps that's causing a
problem too?  The crashes begin immediately after that error.