List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: QT Designer _NOT_ under QPL.
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-08-18 18:45:46

Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> mosfet wrote:
>
> > > If you are so much in-the-know about the new license, perhaps you
> > > can tell us if it's GPL-compatible?
> > >

> > Nothing is really GPL compatible except the GPL. Not BSD, not X11, not
> > artistic, not anything. It all depends on what people feel like saying
> > is GPL compatible.
>
> I guess that means no.  Too bad.  I saw this as the only solution
> left for KDE's licensing problems.

Well, *legally* most KDE apps are under the GPL and are totally fine
with the current QPL, but people still refuse to admit it. Troll Tech
can come up with a license that is just as compatible with the GPL as
any of the above but if it doesn't get the FSF's blessing it will be for
nothing anyways. It's what people *say*, not what is legally compatible
that matters.