List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: KDE2 license policy
From:       Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP () dfo-mpo ! gc ! ca>
Date:       2000-08-03 14:42:15

Kevin Sproul wrote:

> Derek Fountain wrote:
>
> > In short, I was wondering if I took a GNU tool, say
> > something from GNOME, and rewrote parts of it (like the
> > interface) so it worked under KDE, would that not be allowed
> > into the KDE project?

> It's not really a licensing issue since the KDE people will
> tell you it's legal anyway.

?
It's not an issue with KDE people.  That's doesn't mean it's not
an issue.  It could force a legal test case if someone tried that
using FSF code without explicit permission.

>                              It's about respect and simply
> being nice.

I agree with that.

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada