List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    the apps with problem
From:       Philippe Fremy <philippe () yalbi ! com>
Date:       2000-07-27 17:57:30

	Hi,

When reading on the license issue, the problem always come down to "the code
included in kde that wasn't developed specifically for Kde", and doesn't then
have implicit permission to link with Qt.

Note that for everything else RMS agreed that the implicit permission
was granted. One can hope that debian folks will one day follow.

But my question is: what are those damned apps that include such code ? Is
there any code like this in the kde libs, or in a critical kde application ?

The only application that is always pointed out as a (bad) example is
kghostview, which doesn't seem very critical to me.

	regards,

	Philippe