List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: RMS,Debian and KDE
From:       Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP () dfo-mpo ! gc ! ca>
Date:       2000-06-20 14:30:59

Implicit permission to link against an incompatible library
wasn't assumed for XForms-based GPL applications so Debian is not
treating KDE code differently than other cases.  Three GPL'ed
XForms-based applications were removed from potato and woody for
a similar reason (GPL incompatible with XForms) even though the
applications were written for XForms (and not ported to it).

The removed packages are xfmix, xmysql and xldlas

http://www.uk.debian.org/Bugs/db/39/39521.html
http://www.uk.debian.org/Bugs/db/39/39522.html
http://www.uk.debian.org/Bugs/db/39/39524.html

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada