List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: New QPL online. 0.99
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-02-27 8:36:02

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Kevin Forge wrote:

> If it means to allow all the things the GPL allows then this License
> dose that.  The only additional requirement is that you must make it
> known whether you make changes or not.  I can't see this as a problem
> under any kind of sercumstances.  I.e. If I took the Linux kernel and
> made some changes then distributed it as "The Linux Kernel" in such
> a way that people believe it's from Linus, That is a major problem
> ( Think Trojan Horse or Experimental patches to a "stable" kernel ).
> Even Alan calls his version "*ac-xx".

If you look carefully in the GPL, it requires that you mark your version
as modified from the original.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Life isn't short. It's just that death is longer.