List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [knghtbrd@debian.org: QPL v0.92+knghtbrd1]
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       1998-12-29 18:58:51

Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 01:06:54PM -0500, Kevin Forge wrote:

[ ... ]

> Many are of the opinion the thing has to be licensed under the GPL or
> able to be under the GPL for it to be compatible.

What, Raul, no "straw man" cite?

> I still see no harm in
> this if it's otherwise licensed well.  Andreas has some inhibitions but I
> don't yet know what they are.

I don't have any inhibitions, I just think the GPL is too poorly drafted to be
used by a commercial venture (well, by anyone, but especially by a commecial
venture).  It's up to TT to choose what they like, and they have obviously
realized the problems with the GPL (not just poor drafting, but the obvious
forking that would result as well as the ability to port to other OSs, like
MS Windows, where currently there is no free version).

Regards,

Andreas Pour
pour@mieterra.com