List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [knghtbrd@debian.org: QPL v0.92+knghtbrd1]
From:       Joseph Carter <knghtbrd () debian ! org>
Date:       1998-12-29 18:56:01

On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 01:06:54PM -0500, Kevin Forge wrote:
> > It'd be there if I had to compile the packages myself!  Of course on this
> > machine that'd take TWO days, but hey.  =>
>
> >From what I have read the current Draft looks to be GPL compatible.
> ( It was OSS and FS before you started ).  After this is run through
> a real lawyer ( I expect Troll to do that ) and we all give it's
> given the stamp of approval we can all relax and enjoy the code.

Many are of the opinion the thing has to be licensed under the GPL or
able to be under the GPL for it to be compatible.  I still see no harm in
this if it's otherwise licensed well.  Andreas has some inhibitions but I
don't yet know what they are.

It'd be nice if a Copyright lawyer would look at it actually.  I'm trying
to do something about that, however this is a big if right now and I
wouldn't hold your breath.

> BTW : What are you running on ?  If I had money I would send you an
> upgrade :(.  Perhaps somebody with a little more would think about it.

A Cyrix.  6x86L at least so it's not melting the motherboard, but it's
still old and slow by any modern standard.  It was slow when I bought it
2 years ago.  And if I were to spend my money on any upgrade, it'd
probably be a monitor.  I really do need a very large screen monitor.

No worries though, I will manage with what I have until I can get
something better.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams