List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Qt Free Edition License vs. XFree License
From:       Raul Miller <rdm () test ! legislate ! com>
Date:       1998-12-13 23:48:47

Andreas Pour <pour@mieterra.com> wrote:
> I've not glossed over it, I have through detailed analysis concluded
> that the only "terms of this License" that apply to the complete
> source code are (a) distribute full source code to everything,
> including the X or Qt part (which but for that sentence you might not
> be obligated to do), and (b) do not charge for further redistribution,
> including of the X or Qt part (which otherwise might be able to do).

But section 2 says that you have the right to modify the GPLed work
("the program"), creating a work based on the program provided that
you release the word based on the program under the GPL (which, in the
context you create would also be called "the program").

This contradicts your analysis: if your analysis is true you have
no right to modify the GPLed work and distribute the result.

--
Raul