List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Eye of the Tiger
From:       Alan Cox <alan () cymru ! net>
Date:       1998-11-18 17:38:58

> Alan Cox <alan@cymru.net>
> > I assume #2 really means "Troll want to use your patches
> > an dsell them in the commercial edition, thats the trade off for you being
> > allowed to modify it. Oh and we will keep your name on the credits"
> >

> Just as Netscape wants to sell the contributions to Mozilla. The NPL
> has the "Initial Developer" amendment allowing Netscape to "license
> such additional products on different terms from those contained in
> this License".

Yes. Don't take that as a negative.

The problem is the patches are usable by anyone seperately for any
commercial project under any license. It might be better if it said
"Troll Tech may license..." akin to the NPL. I dont mind if the creator
gets that right - fine, nice trade off. Its a bit bad that I'd have to
give any neat toys to apple, microsoft etc in the process