List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: QT part of KDE? (was: A Detailed Analysis of the GPL For KDE/QT)
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1998-10-19 12:41:57

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > There are *no* GPLed applications which are linked with Motif which are
> > > shipped with Motif. There are GPLed applications which are linked with
> > > Qt which are shipped with Qt.
>
> Roberto Alsina <ralsina@unl.edu.ar> wrote:
> > Are you assuring us that there's no GPL'd application linked to Motif
> > shipped with any OS?
>
> Well, I understand that there are none shipped with Solaris.  I have
> no idea how many operating systems ship Motif with a major component,
> and while I believe that most businesses don't ship Motif with GPLed
> apps, I wouldn't put it past an outfit which ships executables which
> combine GPL and Qt to also ship executables which combine GPL and
> Motif.

So, no, you are not. Nice to know.

> Debian used to ship Motif linked with GPL, I believe [but stopped
> when they realized what was up].
>
> --
> Raul

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
"I can attempt anything, specialization is for insects" (50% Heinlein).