List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1998-04-16 21:08:36

> On Thu, 16 Apr 1998, Richard Stallman wrote:
>
> >     What's the problem with Qt... ???
> >     You've got a great GUI, free for non-commercial use,
> >
> > The problem is that "free for non-commercial use" is not enough--it is
> > not free software.  Free software should not be limited to hobbyists
> > and students alone.  It should be for everyone, for all legitimate
> > activities including business.
>
> Qt is free for commercial use if the sw based on Qt is GPL'd or BSD.

Could we please stop playing blind cow? Qt is not free software in RMS's
definition and everyone knows it. If you could live with this, live with
it, but please people: Stop trying to convince everyone, that Qt is the
holy cow, that it's not.

Thanks, Stephan (quite nerved by all this talking)

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)
Student of medical CS