List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Kevin Forge <forgeltd () usa ! net>
Date:       1998-04-15 22:02:09

Joel Dillon wrote:

> There's a GPL implementation of Motif available. There isn't one of Qt
> (yet)

Irrelevant.  There was GPLd Motif software around for years before
LessTiff cam out.  LessTiff doesn't quite work by the way.
I have it and Netscape won't compile against it.  Neither will
a lot of other stuff.

RMS and the rest don't accept those programs as GPL though.
The FSF, Debian, and RMS personally may have an agenda that defies
logic.  They may have views that I don't agree with.  However
I can still respect them for one simple reason.  They are consistent
I.e. Nothing with a trace of none free stuff can be in it.  End of
story.  The only major hypocrite <IMO> is RedHat which has no qualms
about MetroX,  And SlackWare which at various times included DOOM
and Netscape Navigator.

A fanatic can be trusted, since you know what he is about.  A
hypocrite however may or may not sink a knife in as soon as your
back is turned.
--
A computer without Windows 95 and Internet Explorer is like
a piece of chocolate cake without Catsup and Mustard.