List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [kde] Re: The KDE Free Qt Foundation
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-04-11 12:36:55

On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Alexander Sanda wrote:

> Perhaps, a special (cheaper) shareware license for private individuals
> (not for companies) could be a solution here.

Please look at:  http://www.kde.org/food/linus.html

"[...] In my opinion, shareware tends to combine the worst of commercial
software (no sources) with the worst of free software (no finishing touches).
I simply do not believe in the shareware market at all. [...]"

Yours,
-- martin
P.S.: **Please** only continue this thread on kde-licensing@kde.org!!

Linus: "Microsoft makes bad programs but they have good user interfaces"
Stefan: "Even Linus can be wrong..."
Torben: "Linus is not wrong, but KDE people make VERY good user interfaces"
             *** KDE the choice of a GUI generation ***