List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Alan Cox <alan () cymru ! net>
Date:       1998-04-05 21:21:04

>   If KDE were GPL'able then most people wouldn't be working on Gnome
> and we'd have a unified desktop, as opposed to the current split
> between two desktop environments.

The big big problem was Miguel insisted on doing the entire job because of
the Qt issue and the C++ tie. It would have been easier to do a Qt clone
in C with clean C++ bindings.

As an aside to all of this SlashDot (http://slashdot.org) has a veyr
interesing article about Commercial/Free software and Cygnus who do
both.

Alan