List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Re: FreeQt concerns
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-04-05 18:26:41

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Alex wrote:

> > Sorry, but this is simply wrong. For MS Windows the small vendor has to
> > buy EXTRA compiler and libraries etc. in order to compile ANYthing. This
> > extra stuff is NOT provided on a simple Win95 CD.
>
> No.  Not exactly true.  There's the Win32 port of GNU's cc, binutils and
> other gunk dubbed gnu-win32.  It's a Cygnus project (with a different
> license for comercial resale).  While it's quite handy, I don't think it's
> ready for prime time yet.

Which GUI programs can be compiled with these components?

Just wondering,
-- martin

Linus: "Microsoft makes bad programs but they have good user interfaces"
Stefan: "Even Linus can be wrong..."
Torben: "Linus is not wrong, but KDE people make VERY good user interfaces"
             *** KDE the choice of a GUI generation ***