List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    colored-kmail (was: Re: Beta4 or pre1.0?)
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1998-03-16 0:02:53

Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:

> Am Sat, 14 Mar 1998 schrieb Christian Esken:
> >On Sat, 14 Mar 1998 Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
> >>Am Sat, 14 Mar 1998 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> >>P.S.: My modified KMail-Composer Window with color-support (quoted text in
> >>darkblue, normal in black, signature bold/darkgreen) looks really nice :-)
> >
> >Cool. I want to have that one, too. :-)
>
> Of course I haven't commited that (because I want to know Stefan's opinion and
> because in my version there is some code too much now and the solution
> isn't elegant). But if you want to use it, download
> ftp://boch35.kfunigraz.ac.at/pub/kde/linux/colored-kmail.tar.gz
> These are the
> files, I have changed and added, so just put them in the kmail-dir in kdenetwork
> and do all the configure and compile stuff.
>
> Ciao, Reggie

I haven't read through Qt's license very carefully, but wouldn't it
violate

> ** IMPORTANT NOTE: You may NOT copy this file or any part of it into
> ** your own programs or libraries.

(taken from qmlined.cpp) if these changes would be applied to kmail ?

Don't misunderstand me: I would be very happy if there would be
something like a ColoredMultiLineWidget, but wouldn't this have to be
written from scratch ? Unless the Trolls come up with a more extendable
widget theirself, of course.

Harri.

P.S. I have redirected this thread to kde-licensing, as I don't want to
become famous as the initiator of The Biggest License Flame War On
kde-devel Ever ;-)