List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: general question about commercial KDE apps
From:       Thomas Jordan <ace () programmer ! net>
Date:       1998-03-05 20:11:09

Thomas Jordan wrote:

> Martin Konold wrote:
> >
> Out of curriosity, what does gettext offer me that
> the locales and facets in libstdc++ doesn't?
>
> -- Tom Jordan

I guess I should elaborate on locales and facets.

libstdc++ is the gnu library that enbodies the Standard
C++ Library as documented in the final committe draft.

This family of classes can give you locale specific
strings, currency symbols, collate order and others.

It seems to be easy to migrate KLocale to use these classes
or to just use these classes directly.

-- Tom.