List:       kde-licensing
Subject:    Re: Updated Licence Draft
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-11-28 0:55:38

Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> Yes, but aren't there a number of contributors who still don't want to have
> the blanket "or later" statement, although they agree to license under GPL 3?
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_Relicensing seems to indicate that.

Say, how come I am on the TODO list? :-)

  GPLv2 ->  GPLv2+   - NO
LGPLv2 -> LGPLv2+   - NO
  GPLv2 ->  GPLv2+v3 - YES
LGPLv2 -> LGPLv2+v3 - YES
KDE e.V. decides    - NO*

Btw, is "KDE e.V. decides" referring to the v3 clause allowing e.V. to
allow a later version of GPL, or to allow /an arbitrary license/? Might
want to make that clear...

(* but I might change my mind. I'm also curious if there is such a thing
as '/in the event I cannot be contacted/, e.V. can decide' :-).)

--
Matthew
"Still not King." -- Aragorn