List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Fw: Status on the kUML project.
From:       Gerard Flynn <gerard.flynn () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-08-28 18:55:07

Darius GMX wrote:

>Hi,
>
>here is a message I've got from one of the kdevelop peoples two days ago.
>
>They are planning to integrate an UML tool into kdevelop.
>
>Feel free to send them your two cents on this topic.I'll send them a mail
>tomorrow.
>The editor for kuml still need more work. But maybe they can utilize the
>library component of kuml (if it reached a state of being usable) for
>kdevelop for the beginning.
>
>In my opinion it would be much better to integrate a full CASE tool into
>kdevelop, not just an simple UML painter like kivio.
>
>___________________________
>Darius Stachow, Germany/Hamburg

    Well my Reflective MOF implementation is certainly still quite far
from being able to provide a UML backend. I do have a Reflective
repository running but it's perfectly useless without a specific MOF
implementation for the meta-objects, so my next step is auto-generating
that.

    I think that Chris' implementation must be much further along.

    In the past I've wondered about the possibility of making a UML
plugin for kivio that could use the kUML backend, perhaps this could be
the opportunity to do that ?  What is the timeframe for kdevelop 3.0 ?

    Gerard