List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: source code
From:       "Darius GMX" <dstachow () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-07-29 15:52:21

Hi Rodney,

yes, kuml can do this. kUML 0.5.1 is't fully functional and can't load/save models \
but it can be used a UML based sourcecode browser. It can import existing c++ and \
java sourcecode and create UML class diagrams that can be printed.

The sources for 0.5.1 are compilable at least with Debian and SuSE Linux. I switched \
now to Mandrake linux and I have found out that the build stops because of mysterious \
compiler errors.  I have a compiled version for SuSE Linux that I can't execute with \
my current linux system configuration (Mandrake linux). I may send it to you so you \
could try if you it works with your distribution.

But the best solution would be to build your own executable. Some linux distributions \
don't set the environment variables KDEDIR and QTDIR correctly. QTDIR points to the \
root of your qt installation and KDEDIR is the same for KDE. You may check this for \
your system. If QTDIR and KDEDIR are set properly your chances are good to be able to \
build the sources. You also need some third party libraries like flex, xml. If the \
configure scripts runs without errors you should have installed all needed libs.

We're working on a new version of kuml that isn't compatible with kuml 0.5.1. Take a \
look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/kuml and go to the cvs  section. There you \
may download the sources for kuml. We now use the sourceforge cvs server instead of \
cvs.kde.org. kuml 0.5.1 is in module "kuml_old" and "kuml" contains the current \
sources. The new version isn't usable and easy to compile at the moment.

I'm actually not at home and therefore I don't have access to my system and my files \
but I'm back by wednesday. Then I could send you the file if you like. Drop me a mail \
if you like to try it.

PS: Ich habe zu spät an Deiner email Adresse gesehen, das Du wahrscheinlich auch \
Deutsch verstehst. Ich hätte die mail dann in Deutsch geschrieben.

Tschüss,
Darius

Darius Stachow, Germany/Hamburg