List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: KUML sources
From:       Gerard Flynn <gerard.flynn () free ! fr>
Date:       2001-07-14 17:11:45

Andrew Sutton wrote:

 >all,
 >
 >is kuml going to feature the use of meta classes and the creation of
 >different relationship types for extensibility?
 >
 >Andrew Sutton
 >ansutton@sep.com

     I'm not quite sure of what you have in mind.

     If what you are talking about is extending the UML Meta-model itself
then what I can say is that I am working on a MOF level repository from
which I hope to derive the UML repository.  If this works out then the
machinery would be in place for such functionnality on the backend side.
  However this was not my primary objective in deciding to implement MOF.
  Nonetheless I suspect there are many things one might want to do with
MOF once the repository is implemented and this could be one of them.

     Gerard