List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Status report
From:       "Darius Stachow" <dstachow () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-05-18 10:43:50

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Moore" <zmower@btinternet.com>
To: <kuml-devel@barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 9:50 PM

> Darius Stachow wrote:
> > UML Studio (not Stringray UML Studio) is the work of several french
> > students at ENSIMAG. One of them got attention on kuml and contacted me.
He
> > was so kind to sent me the complete sources for their CASE tool.
> > I want to upload UML Studio in a couple of days so you may take a look
at
> > it, too.
>
> What license are the sources released under?
I've just asked him about the license:

================ CUT ==========================
Hello Darius,

well, there is no license on the sources of UML Studio. That is the
problem. What should we do in this case ? Put the sources on the site ?
Creating a license for them ?
Why not ? In any case, it is the only possibility to make the project go
on. But wait until I send you the whole classes and the sources :
yesterday I have executed UML Studio on my copmuter without any problems,
so I have a complete tar.gz of the soft. I may send you this on Monday.

Indeed, the hierarchy of the UML project is really interesting, because
based on the one of  professional tool (don't ask me which, I do
not remember).

Olive

Olivier DAVY
Eleve ingenieur en 3 annee ENSIMAG
E-mail : olivier.davy@ensimag.imag.fr
Tel : 04-76-00-97-01

================ CUT ==========================

> > Peter and I come to conclusion it would be better to don't use a
> > windowsystem abstraction layer from the beginning as it would
significantly
> > delay the delivery date of the framework. We want to make the framework
> > available as soon as possible and therefore the abstraction layer is an
> > option for later.
>
> Sounds like a good idea.
Yes, I think this would be the best for now, too.

Bye
Darius