List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: full switch to kde2
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-07-18 13:19:24

Hi,

On Die, 18 Jul 2000, Keith wrote:
>Also it is worth considering
>that Kuml probably will first be used for new projects which means the
>targets of the projects to be developed with Kuml is probably the KDE2
>desktop.
This is an importent fact for me. I don't believe anybody is using the
current version of kuml for doing serious work. Loading and saving models
using the old IO subsystem is buggy and without the possibility to restore
models nobody will spend time to create them.

I suggest to make a last tarred snapshot available that will be compilable
for both KDE1 and KDE2. After that we can switch completly to KDE2.
In two weeks, at the end of the this month I want to update the website and
than I also make up the snapshot.

>Reguarding the MDI debate: In my useage of MDI applications I do find it
>annoying when there is no way to pull MDI out and make a complete new top
>level frame window, which can be placed on any desktop you choose. If Kuml
>is to be used on large projects this could be an important feature.
I must confess that I haven't thought so far as you all do. When I think on
the arguments against MDI I see that it's an disadvantange to lock up child
windows in an isolating top level widget.

After all I think the support for MDI is dead now.