List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding of labellayout classes, to kuml Cvs
From:       Darius Stachow <dstachow () ngi ! de>
Date:       2000-07-11 12:38:18

On Die, 11 Jul 2000, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Just committed the skeleton code for label layout.  The LabelLayoutA1  class
>is the most complete and will be template for coding other classes. The
> class LabelGroup takes care of managing labels.
>
>I'm not sure that this has been done correctly, as I got conflict messages
>with kuml.proj initially. Feedback welcome.
Committing changes on the project file is problematic because cvs don't
harmonize with the structure of this file. The structure allows to have
several entries in one row (makefile=entry1, entry2, ...). CVS seems to have
problems to merge differences between revisions of that file. kdevelop 2 is
announced to be more friendly to cvs.

If you have to commit changes to the project file (kuml.kdevprj) use _always_
the latest revision of that file as origin for your changes. Than you can
commit the changed project file.
I don't forget to commit your Makefile.am files if you have added a new
directory or new files to the project.

I just tried to build kuml under kde2 but I got an error:
labelgroup.moc.cpp:45 new declaration 'static void
LabelGroup::staticMetaObject()'
labelgroup.h:41: ambiguates old declaration 'static void
LabelGroup::staticMetaObject()'

I guess this is a KDE2 sourcecode incompatibility. I have got these errors
myself some weeks ago and I believe Geoff has fixed it.
I actually have no idea how to fix that :-(