List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    [KUML] Meta-modeling fun.
From:       "Riehl, Jonathan (Jonathan) *CTR*"
Date:       2000-05-09 21:43:10

Hi Darius,
	I have read your discussions on changes to the meta-model, and I
understand that there will be no changes for now.  When I was talking
about the use of nsuml, I was speaking in a collaborative sense rather
than a KUML specific sense.  I just wanted to note that generating a C++
UML meta-model library from the Rose file in nsuml is very easy.  This
information may be important to your XMI developers, as they will be
performing some sort of grafting process from the KUML meta-model to the
UML meta-model.  I am open to talking about this subject as I am currently
playing with the nsuml meta-model and XML/XMI in Python for the
meta-modeling component of my Basil project.
	I am currently trying to imagine interfaces with KUML and ArgoUML
so that I may know what coding commitments I need to make.  This may
include working on the UML 1.3 and XMI portions of KUML along with OCL
and other ArgoUML tasks.
-Jon