List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: About that kuml programmer's documentation ...
From:       Mark Coletti <mcoletti () clark ! net>
Date:       2000-03-30 19:08:12

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000 17:08:03 +0200, Darius Stachow wrote:
> Hi Mark,

  Hi!

  [...]

> The document is well structured

  Thanks!  I patterned it after one of my projects here at work; but I
still worry whether it's an "optimal" document layout.  Anyone else
have any thoughts on this?

> and the upcoming information will help a lot of people (including
> myself as I am not an UML expert).

  I'm no expert either, but I think it's safe to say that after we're
all done, we will be!  =)

  [...]

> We need a diagram -> bitmap feature in kuml to create some pictures
> that can be used for the documentation. The best would be to use
> some diagrams of kumls' structure.

  Actually, that sounds like a use case that needs to be added, "print
or export to file".

> I've just taken a look at the qt reference and have seen there is support for
> writing bitmap files.

  Though it's true that Qt makes printing stuff easy, printing UML
diagrams may not be so straightforward.  For one thing, exactly how
WYSIWYG is kuml going to be?  If it's going to be WYSIWYG, then we
need some way of showing page boundaries on the diagram background.

> Is there a volunteer for taking care of this feature ?

  I would, but I'm going to be busy finishing the documentation and its
diagrams.

Cheers!

Mark
--
Mark Coletti | mailto:mcoletti@clark.net | http://www.clark.net/~mcoletti/
  And now for some feedback: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE