List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Fwd: SV: KUML and RDF
From:       Darius Stachow <shiva () dialup ! nacamar ! de>
Date:       2000-01-20 12:12:22

Hi !

This is the second mail from him ...

Subject: SV: KUML
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 21:08:52 +0100
From: "Henrik Andersson" <henrik-a@dsv.su.se>

Hi again!

>Hi !
>
>Sorry for my late reply. I was out of town the last days and so I hadn't access
>to my mails.

Hehe, thats OK, we truly live in the age of e-mail when a couple of hours counts as an delay...

>On Die, 18 Jan 2000, you wrote:
>>I and a fellow student at Stockholm University are doing our Masters thesis
>>on visualization of RDF in UML and need an open source UML editor. Are you
>>intrested in some sort of cooperation, maby we can participate in further
>>development of KUML.
>What kind of coorperation do you have in mind ?
>Every help is welcome.

Well, here is the (somewhat obscure) scenario. We want to see if you can
visualize RDF in UML's class diagrams. We intend to do this by "importing" RDF
files to an UML editor and see how we can represent it in a class diagram and
the "exporting" it back to RDF to see if any information got lost. If it turns
out well it might be intresting to hava RDF importability in UML editors.

>>What is the status on XMI at the moment?
>Holger Knust is working on the XML/XMI stuff but at the moment there is no
>source code available from him.
>And so I can't tell you how is the status.
>We are still waiting for his code.

I thought that this might be a good entry for RDF but I may be mistaking as I
haven't seen the code. Thats why I asked...

>> In what language is the source availible?
>KUML is written in C++ and uses QT/KDE as framework.
>
>We expect to release a usable and stable version in the summer or earlier.
>Maybe earlier.
>Pascal Georges is currently integrating kdevelop's c++ parser to realize
>the reverse engineering and so I think this feature will also be included in
>this release.
>
>--
>Open your mind ...
>Darius Stachow