List:       kde-kuml-devel
Subject:    Re: Drawing item repository
From:       Jake Fear <fear1 () home ! com>
Date:       1999-11-26 22:49:43

Hi Darius,
    Yes, I believe that in most situations where you are going to have a
shared repository of objects that this is probably a good pattern.  It prevents
programmers from creating objects and then not following some storage/naming
protocol.  The factory and repository together provide good encapsulation of
all creational and storage logic, freeing the programmer to concentrate on the
interfaces of the objects being created and stored in the repository.  I will
be spending time on Saturday working on putting the existing ClassFactory and
ClassRepository classes to use within kuml so that we can start experimenting
with the interfaces and making sure that they are complete.

--
Jake Fear