List:       kde-krn-devel
Subject:    Re: Kformatter2: almost there!
From:       Magnus Reftel <d96reftl () dtek ! chalmers ! se>
Date:       1997-08-13 18:02:22

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Magnus Reftel wrote:
> > I just thought that I ought to tell you that even if severely
> > over-due, things are starting to work here!
> Great! I was starting to wonder if your new computer had exploded or
> something ;-)

No, it working absolutely fantastic! Solid as a rock, and so fast that I
almost have no reason to go to school to code anymore! =) =) =)
The main reason for the delay is two ugly little lines in
the resizeEvent handler in htmlview.cpp:

if ( url.isNull() )
        return;

AARRGGHH!! I spent three days searching my code for the bug that made the
plain-text formatter refuse to resize properly, and then I find _this_ in
the library. *hiss*

> > I have some exams coming up now, so I will probably have to study a
> > little, but unless Roberto continues to add features to the old KFormatter
> > & friends =), I think I'll be able to release the code real-soon-now =)
> Nah, just ignore my changes. They are just to release stress :-)

=)
BTW, I think I know how to implement printing, but copy/paste is harder. Is
there some way that I can make a mouse event be caught by both the parent
and a child widget?

Regards
Magnus