List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: KImageShop development
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2000-08-23 17:53:48

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> I think I like KImagine best from what I've heard so far.  I must say, this
> is a much more fertile ground for names than my brain is, I was drawing a
> total blank :). (pun intended)

I like Bart's KImagine too. I thought of offering up that name as well but my
prejudice against SoftImage prevented me from doing so, because it sounds too
similar to this devout Lightwave 3D user :). Similar names are also worth
considering; anything that implies creativity and fun. Too many design
software titles sound more industrial than artistic (Foundry, Shop, Station,
etc.). Names like Krayon, KImagine, KCreative, Kreative are fun and people
would take notice. If not Kraft, what about Kraftsman? It's not P.C. but
screw it.

I suggested Krayon a few weeks back and am glad that at least Bart
likes it too :). That is a VERY recognizable name, and  wouldn't be violating
any corporate (i.e., Crayola) trademark. It makes me feel better that I'm the
only one that likes Kixel ("Geek tested, artist approved" hehe).

Sean.

--
Digital Spinner, Inc.
802.948.2020