List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: cursors and icons
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       1999-12-02 8:48:43

Am Mit, 01 Dez 1999 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> if you really want some cursors and some icons, maybe I can help
> you ;-)

Thanks for your offer to help!

What we need is:

- A large/normal/tiny application icon.

- Toolbar icons:

We currently use greyscale icons ripped from the GIMP for our tool icons. I'd
love to see a nice set of colored tool icons. :-) What we need are icons
for a movetool, paintbrush, eraser, airbrush, selections etc...

- Tool cursors:

For better visual feedback every tool should have its own editing cursor (a
paintbrush, a colorpicker, etc...). What we need is somebody to draw them. ;-)

- Small cursor HOWTO:

A cursor is a black/white (2bit) image (xbm == x bitmap) + a xbm image used as
transparency mask. You can draw them in GIMP (use a 2bit indexed
black/white image and save as xbm) or using the X tool "bitmap".
Simply draw a black/white image (cursors should be black with a white border
for better visibility) and save it. Now load your image again to create the
mask. Mark all visible areas black and transparent areas white. And don't
forget to send me the files. ;-)

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias Elter