List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    thread lib
From:       Matthias Elter <me () main-echo ! net>
Date:       1999-08-29 11:38:21

Hi Bavo

I had a look at your nice C++ pthreads wrapper. I talked with Stephan Kulow
about adding it to kdelibs and we agreed on adding it to koffice/kimageshop for
now. I know there are other KDE apps out there that should make use of
threading and we could encourage people to implement threading in apps like
KMail with a nice C++ wrapper in kdelibs. But I think we better come up with a
prove of concept first and move the lib to kdelibs later, when it's done (from
what I remember you are planing to add additional implementations like a pth
layer?).

Greetings, Matthias

P.S.: Can you commit it to koffice/kimageshop/ ? Please try to keep the subdir
count small (OpenClasses/src/FC/... is a bit to much) as attic subdirs remain
in the CVS even when we move it to kdelibs. Thanks!

--
Matthias Elter
me@kde.org / me@main-echo.net