List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: SelectionTool
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-08-24 20:19:10

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 04:55:57PM +0200, Sven Fischer wrote:

Hi,

> That would mean that changing the active layer means changing the
> selection too. That is at least unintuitive if you are not used to

it will be configurable of course! I proposed a little checkbox in every
layer of the layerdialog "keep selection". Only when that is checked, the
current selection will be dropped, when selecting that layer.
And maybe use a modifier "shit-select-layer", that does keep the current
selection, even if "keep selection" is checked for the desired layer.

It shouldn't be the default, but IMHO it is a nice feature to have. I
often found myself loading, saving and loading another, ... selection for
different layers.

> Since I don't have any knowledge of the drawing/layers/brushes stuff I
> could experiment a little with the selection things. Or does someone
> want to teach me all the existing stuff? ;-)

I'm afraid I have to learn too :-} But there are soo many things that
don't require image editing skills that you most probably find something
you can do. Agreed, the selection is one of them, but also one of the most
difficult, I think. But I don't want to discourage you, au contraire, I'd
be really happy to have that.
Just tell us once in a while what your ideas are, or if you have problems
:o)

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--