List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: undo/redo
From:       Michael Koch <m_koch () bigfoot ! de>
Date:       1999-08-10 8:56:35

Am Die, 10 Aug 1999 schrieb Jeremy Blosser:
> >%_Sorry to reply to the wrong message... I accidentally deleted the other.

> > > for the second type (like zooming), where only the view would be affected,
> > > I don't think undo/redo is necessary, as the operation is perfectly
> > > reversible. But maybe there could be a history-function for those
> > > operations.
>
> It would be nice to have some kind of undo for these.  Maybe I'm the only
> one, but I've more than once got my zoom view set up just right, then
> (accidentally or on purpose) done something that changed the zoom % and
> couldn't easily get it back.

Could be an option in the preferences dialog.

> Also, I hope the undo/redo will work across saves (or have the option to).
> One simple example of where this helps is when you have a native format
> (.kis) file, and need to make both a .jpg and a .gif version, but have to
> make some changes to both (reduce colors, combine layers, etc).  You make
> the changes to the .kis file, then a .jpg copy, then want to save a .gif
> copy... but the .jpg has been compressed, so you have to redo the changes
> from the .kis file.  That's not the best example, but you get the idea.

Mmmmmh. Not easy to handle. We have to make a UNDO/REDO DESIGN DOCUMENT.
I will start it and post it on this list later. Than you can make it accessable
on our new website in the DESIGN corner.

 --
Michael Koch

KDE fan, enthusiast and developer

student of computer science at university of applied sciences of Darmstadt, Germany

koch@kde.org, m_koch@bigfoot.de, mkoch@mail.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de
http://www.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de/~mkoch