List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: undo/redo
From:       Jeremy Blosser <jblosser () firinn ! org>
Date:       1999-08-10 8:47:55

Sorry to reply to the wrong message... I accidentally deleted the other.

> Am Die, 10 Aug 1999 schrieb Carsten Pfeiffer:
> > On Mon, Aug 09, 1999 at 12:30:56PM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
> > > There are two different modifications:
> > > - Other modifications that do not effect the image data (zoom in/out,
> > > ruler metric changes etc.): We just have to save the action that has
> > > been done.
> >
> > for the second type (like zooming), where only the view would be affected,
> > I don't think undo/redo is necessary, as the operation is perfectly
> > reversible. But maybe there could be a history-function for those
> > operations.

It would be nice to have some kind of undo for these.  Maybe I'm the only
one, but I've more than once got my zoom view set up just right, then
(accidentally or on purpose) done something that changed the zoom % and
couldn't easily get it back.

Also, I hope the undo/redo will work across saves (or have the option to).
One simple example of where this helps is when you have a native format
(.kis) file, and need to make both a .jpg and a .gif version, but have to
make some changes to both (reduce colors, combine layers, etc).  You make
the changes to the .kis file, then a .jpg copy, then want to save a .gif
copy... but the .jpg has been compressed, so you have to redo the changes
from the .kis file.  That's not the best example, but you get the idea.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   jblosser@firinn.org   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/